Maritime Computer Emergency Response Team
Anticipating, analysing and sharing
Greater resilience in maritime and port operations also depends upon the ability to anticipate threats and assist victims of cyberattacks. This is the mission of the M-CERT (Maritime Cyber Emergency Response Team).
A national level
This national centre, based in Brest (France), is in charge of monitoring and analysing cyber threats as well as sharing information to alert maritime and port operators.
- Helping to prevent security incidents by improving cybersecurity awareness, promoting the implementation of necessary protection measures, detecting vulnerabilities on networks and systems.
- Analyze vulnerabilities, threats, attacks and risks with a sectoral perspective.
- Sharing information of interest for the sector by disseminating dedicated bulletins and Cyber Threat Intelligence and by broadcasting national and international security alerts and warnings.
- Organizing, coordinating, centralizing, collecting and identifying cyber incidents.
- Cooperate at regional, national, european and international levels to build trusted networks on maritime cybersecurity.
• Incident Response:
Les activités de préventions :
• Proactive Activities
Supports and cooperation
M-CERT is a member of InterCERT France, a federation of major CSIRTs in France.
M-CERT benefits from coordination agreements on maritime cybersecurity with the French Navy and the French Gendarmerie Maritime.
M-CERT has received an initial financial funding and support by the French National Cybersecurity Agency (Agence Nationale de Sécurité des Systèmes d’Information, ANSSI) and by the French Secretary for the Sea (Secrétariat Général de la Mer, SGMer).
Join France Cyber Maritime
With almost 60 members, France Cyber Maritime brings together within three membership boards public sector players and regional coastal authorities, maritime operators and cyber security solution providers.